Personal Information Collection Statement for "Life Buddies" Mentoring Scheme
Purposes of collection and use of personal data
1. The personal information collected from you will be used for the operation of the “Life Buddies” Mentoring Scheme (the “Scheme”)by us and the Secretariat of the Commission on Poverty, including (i) our day-to-day administration and communications with you on matters relating to the Scheme; (ii) matching of mentors and mentees; and (iii) communications between you and the schools or user organisations participating in the Scheme.
2. The amount of personal information we collect from you is kept to the minimum and is necessary for the operation of the Scheme. Your reservation about providing us with the information we required may affect our communications with you and forbid us from matching you to a suitable participating school/ user organisation/ mentee under the Scheme.
Transfer of personal data
3. For the purpose of administration, matching and provision of mentoring services, your personal data may be transferred to schools and user organisations participating in the Scheme as and when necessary. As bound by undertakings agreed before every transfer, participating schools and user organisations are required to afford reasonable level of protection for your personal information transferred to them.
Retention of personal data
4. We maintains and executes retention policies of records containing personal data to ensure personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used. Your personal information collected under the Scheme will be deleted within 6 months upon completion or termination of your mentoring services, whichever date is earlier. For participants who are not arranged to serve under the Scheme, we will delete your personal information within 6 months counting from the date of issue of the matching result notification.
Protection of personal data
5. We take appropriate steps to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. Personnel in our office are required to follow an established guideline on personal data management, and can only gain access to the personal information on a need-to-know basis.
Rights of access and correction